CHRISTA FRIEDL


My preference has always been to express my feelings and impressions through drawing and painting. I attended the artistic community college in Vienna and took part in advanced courses of European and American artists, to expand my artistic perspective. Living part of the year in Europe (Vienna) and part in the US (Florida) I try to express the beauty that I see around me.

I love the wonderful sense of freedom and slightly controlled chaos that watercolor provides.  

All of my paintings begin with choosing a subject, whether I am on location or painting in the studio.  I look for interesting shapes, designs, and light patterns or meaningful interpretations. After a small value sketch where I plan my composition, I lightly draw on my paper for a general guideline.  As I apply paint, I look for inspiration in the scene, in the people I see, and in the paint on the paper.  I start to look less and less at the scene in front of me and more at my evolving painting.  This helps me to focus less on the details of my subject, and more on my impressions I want to transfer to the viewers.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jasmine Huang AWS

Watercolor International 5 - Invitation and participating artists

AWARDS