Brenda Tenk


My name is Brenda Tenk from the Philippines.  I always loved to draw and sketch. I learned that from my dad and from art teachers who always starts you off with basic sketching.  The first medium I learnt to use was oil.  Then, I shifted to acrylic because most of my friends were into it in Ghana.   But, when I came back to the Philippines,  I shifted to watercolor as it does not irritate my allergies.

In my travels, I was always fascinated by great artists I see in the museums. Mentally, as I go through the museums in Holland and Germany and England, I asked myself, can I do what they are doing?  I like the colors of Gaughin and Van Gogh so I go for the yellows, the orange and the turquoise.  I use it often too in my paintings.  Like any other new artist I have tried different subjects, but, I always drawn to painting  faces, animals and birds.  I was always fascinated on expressions.  So I put emotions to my paintings be it people or animals or scene. Most often, I paint with a thought in mind and I try to project it on my paintings.     I feel good when I can connect to the art lovers and or my buyer to my paintings.  I feel satisfied that I was able to connect and a message sent.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jasmine Huang AWS

Watercolor International 5 - Invitation and participating artists

AWARDS