Mona Omrani

 


I started my way on painting in my childhood at 9 years old. My mother is an artist also, Nasrin Rezai, that has exhibited all around the world. At the age of 16, I was teaching watercolor at Nima Gallery, in Tehran with her. Later I went to Azad University in Tehran where I studied Graphic design while I continued my teaching classes in the gallery. On 2001, my mother and I opened Marmar Gallery in Madrid. In this gallery, I teach and do solo exhibitions every year, while I continued my studies, also with international artists. I have done exhibitions in several galleries in Madrid. I have been teacher in a prestigious arts school in Madrid, as leading teacher of traditional technics and illustration.

In the last years as a mother and an artist, I combine my family (two wonderful daughters), teaching classes organizing exhibitions in Marmar Gallery and international events. Since I started my international career, I participated in events as the “1st International Youth Masters Exhibition” in Handan and “Hongqiao Contemporary Art Museum” in Shanghai. I have also participated in workshops, exhibitions and biennale around Europe and Asia: 

  • 5th exhibition contemporary watercolor festival (Incheon, Korea, 2021)
  • II International Art Festival – “World of high watercolor” (Moscow, Russia, 2021)
  • Gold medal of Association of Watercolorists in Spain, February 2020
  • 1st Olympiart India (November 2019)
  • The Lake-Blue Heaven Qingdao 2019 (Qingdao, China, 2019)
  • The 1st Qilu International Watercolor & Ink Colour Painting Exhibition (Nanjin, China, 2019)
  • I International Art Festival – “World of high watercolor” (Moscow, Russia, 2019)
  • Fabriano Aquarello Exhibition - Solo live demonstration (Fabriano, Italia, 2019)
  • 2nd & 3rd Tirana International Watercolor Biennal at Muzeu Historik Kombëtar,  (Tirana, Albania, 2017, 2018 & 2019) (self portrait awarded in 2019)
  • 1st Universal Watercolor Exposition 2018, (Zhuji, China, 2018)
  • 1st Malaysia International Watercolor Biennale (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2018)
  • Solo exhibitions in Madrid (Madrid, Spain, every year)
  • Following Masters (Zhuji, China, 2017)
  • Award at 2nd International Watercolor Biennale India (New Delhi, India, 2017)
  • First DAWEI International Watercolor Grand Prix (Dawei, China, 2017)
  • Lake-Blue Heaven Qingdao International Spring Art Salon (Quingdao, China, 2017 - 2019)
  • 1st International Watercolour Festival IWS PORTUGAL (Torres Vedras, Portugal, 2017)
  • 1st International Youth Masters Exhibition (Handan, China, 2016) 
  • Hongqiao Contemporary Art Museum (Shanghai, China, 2016)
  • Several paintings permanently exposed in Museums.

 

During my painting trajectory, I have painted on different media as oil, acrylic and watercolor, but I am mainly focused on watercolor since youth. In watercolor I have experienced on different themes in the last years. In early 2010s I painted landscapes (forests, water lily, mountains, snowed hills, animals, flamenco dancers,  …). 

In 2013 I started a collection of portraits on one of my favourite themes. I am really fascinated with the different colors and textures that portraits hide. Blue, cobalt, green, … a wide range of colors can be used on portraits, mainly on black faces. 

Later, I begun painting reflexes of solid and brilliant metals. I started painting car and motorcycle details. I am fascinated painting reflexes in watercolor without white colour, only using the white colour of the paper. This is the best way to show the watercolour transparency.

For the next years, I will paint more cars and car details for my new collection that will expect to exhibit in one of famous place in Spain and abroad. 

And I hope to visit all around the word and meet new watercolor fans in events.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jasmine Huang AWS

Watercolor International 5 - Invitation and participating artists

AWARDS