Alfonso Tejada


 My professional background as an Architect and Urban designer and my passion for the arts was forged in my early career in Guanajuato. Mexico in the fine art studios of Professor Jesus Gallardo where I studied drawing, watercolour painting and metal etching.  My professional development in Canada in the last 42 years has merged Arts, Architecture and Urban Design and given me the opportunity to teach architectural design studios at UBC and professionally allowed me to travel to North & South America, Asia and Europe. These travels have influenced my artistic vision in teaching and organizing events and workshops in Canada, Spain & Italy.

My interest in Plein Air lead me to create events in Vancouver and be an active part of them  The Cherry Blossom Festival (2007-17) & The Harmony Festival Plein Air challenge (2018- today ), two international biennales, the 2012 Federation of Canadian artists (as vice president of the FCA and member of the board 2010-2016) and the 2014 IWS BIENNALE (as first Canadian representative of the IWS Canada  and member of the board 2012-2015) . 

My participation and associations with international groups as The Canadian Country leader representative in the “InAcquarello international exhibitions” annual events in Fabriano, Urbino & Venice since 2013 to current  has maintained my increasing interest in the promotion and development of watercolour as a prime art form, The learnings from these international annual events are  always shared in my teachings and Demos.

Today I continuo my search in the exploration of drawing and painting IN PLEIN AIR and trying to find a personal expression that be able to translate the essence of my subject. 

LIVE IS A CONTINUOS SEARCH IN THE ESSENCE OF HAPPINESS AND PAINTING IS A WAY TO FIND A MEANING TO HAPPINESS.



Sorollas Garden Fountain


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jasmine Huang AWS

Watercolor International 5 - Invitation and participating artists

AWARDS